What I learned...Whole 30



Throughout my whole 30 experience I learned really what my body needed to fuel itself. I learned that even though it is way easy to stop at a fast food place for lunch I wouldn’t be fueling my body correctly.
For me my reason behind trying the Whole30 was

1. To see if I could do it
2. To see if I could get results that I was looking for
3. To try and break bad habits I was having with food. 

Little back story. 

I had my 2nd baby in January. At the start of the whole30 it put me at 7 months postpartum. My second pregnancy was harder than the first, I still felt really good I just gained a lot more weight then I wanted. Which in turn made it harder to come off.  I’m being honest, regardless on how much you gain there’s always pressure, may it be yourself or the outside world, on losing the baby weight. My pressure was mine alone, I didn’t feel comfortable in my body. I had extra fluff that wasn’t moving, I couldn’t get back to the gym as fast as I wanted to. I wasn’t eating good healthy food; I was going to stuff that was quick and easy. 

By the time 7 months hit it really caught up with me. Yes, I had lost some weight but I was pretty steady at the same number.  I decided to try the whole30. Boy was I happy I did, my whole outlook on what I was eating changed. I managed to make meals that I enjoyed with having two kids to feed (my husband was away at training). I changed the whole way I ate and looked at food. I felt empowered that I could figure this out and felt half way that I got this whole mom of two thing figured out. 

Throughout the 30 days I lost a total of 15lb. I was working out for most of the 30 days, my four-year-old is really good at sharing…sicknesses that is so the last week I didn’t go to the gym but I ate like normal. At the end of the 30 days to say I felt happy with the results is an understatement. 

To live the whole30 for a lifestyle isn’t something I’d be able to do on a normal basis. But what I learned through it will be sprinkled in though out my life. I don’t have to have fancy meals, just make sure what I’m reaching for is healthy instead for over processed foods that don’t do anything except make me feel sick after eating them. You can’t imagine how many foods have added sugars hidden in them. I think that’s the biggest take away from it, check your labels for sneaky things companies put in their foods that you may not realize is in there.

If you’re interested in finding out more about the whole30 or would like me to put up some of the recipes I stuck to let me know by commenting.

“Whether you think you can or you can’t either way you are right.” –Henry Ford
Always have the mind set that you can do it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oily Highlight - Valor -

Summer Time Blends