How I deal with anxiety



I didn’t start noticing anxiety till about mid-twenties and until after I started having children, but I can recall certain things about my past and sure enough I had anxiety when I was younger. I don’t think what I have is bad, it doesn’t send me into panic attacks, but I do get butterflies, sweats, my mind will race, dry mouth, kind a feeling of “I’m going to throw up”. 

As I’ve been paying attention to situations that arise that I start to feel those feelings, I overthink as to why it's happening and how can I combat it. I’m not one to ask for help or really mention anything to a doctor when it comes to that. I did once when I graduated high school and without hesitation, she gave me a “trial” pack of pill for depression.  So, for three months I was a zombie, I’d take it at noon like she instructed and by 1 o’clock I was mouth breathing harder then hibernating bear. Needless to say, that didn’t work for me. 

Now I’m not saying I’m against medication, and maybe that wasn’t the correct prescription for me. But when it comes to that I’d like to find more natural ways to handle these feelings.

Two months after I had my second baby, I decided to try out young living. I got my starter kit and started educating myself of what these oils could be used for. I had 4 roller bottles that kept calling my name to try out. I decided to make two for me and two for my oldest. I did some major research and purchased the oils I had read that help with grounding and calming the mind. I found a roller recipe for anxiety that used the grounding oils. 

Now I will say I’m sure you’re thinking since I went through all of this its probably just a head game. Maybe it is, but guess what it works for me. If I know I’m going to be in a situation that spikes my anxiety I will apply my roller bottle behind my ears and on my wrists, within minutes I’m calmer, can breathe easier, that throwing up feeling has passed. 

I use my roller if I’m irritated and edgy, if I know my mood isn’t the best. This has by far been a miracle for me. I carry it with me mostly, unless I forget it at home. 

The recipe I use for my Anxiety roller is.
10 lavender
10 Stress away
8 Cedarwood
5 Valor
5 Vetiver
Fill the rest with a carrier oil of your choice. 

Break down of the oils

Lavender- Calming for stressful situations, can provide emotional support. Useful in soothing a wide range of negative emotions

Stress away- This is a sweet relaxing blend that will ease your mind and body. Excellent for reducing tension, boosting mood and balancing unsettled emotions for children and adults. 

Cedarwood- Deeply relaxing and grounding for the mind, body and spirit. It is an oil of strength and endurance when facing disappointment or uncertainty. Helpful with self-reliance or strong will, can also encourage feelings of belonging and awareness of support systems. 

Valor- Provides emotional support for mood swings, stress or nervous tension. This empowering blend balances physical, mental, and emotional energy. Useful for assisting the body with self-correction, balance and alignment. 

Vetiver- The aroma is warm, woodsy and earthy is has a complex and uplifting effect. It uniquely calms the mind and emotions. Particularly useful for tasks that require attention and helpful for children and adults who are easily distracted.

Lavender, Stress Away and Valor are all in the starter kit. Cedarwood and Vetiver I purchased after, with the intentions on making this roller. I also defuse them in different blends often.  
We also use Stress Away almost daily, my 4-year-old loves it because it smells like perfume, but defusing it brings a nice little freshness to the house.

If you’re interested in learning more about oils and young living, I’d love to hear from you! 

Want to purchase your own starter kit? 

You can get started by becoming a member and ordering your starter kit at Young living 
Make sure this number 18398917 appears in your sponsor and member ID fields. 
 **Singing up as a member doesn't mean you have to sell anything, you just receive 24% off prices!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oily Highlight - Valor -

Summer Time Blends